Bradford White RG2 Residential Direct Vent Gas Water Heater
Request a Price
- Bradford White ICON System®
- Defender Safety System® featuring the patented Advanced ScreenLok® Technology flame arrestor design
- Closed Combustion
- Reinforced Seals
- Sight Window
- Hydrojet® Total Performance System
- Vitraglas® Lining
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot
- Telescoping Solid Vent Kits
- Flexible Vent Kit
- Side Connections-3/4″ NPT tappings (RG2DV50H6N only)
- 2″ Non-CFC Foam Insulation
- Water Connections – 3/4″ NPT-True dielectric fittings
- Heat Traps
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod
- T&P Relief Valve
- Low Restrictive Brass Drain Valve
Bradford White RG2 Residential Direct Vent Gas Water Heater are extra efficient, reliable and safe to operate. Model Bradford White RG2 Direct Vent Gas Water Heater include Defender Safety System® – has proven itself a top pick year after year. Millions of homeowners count on these quality gas water heaters for exceptional performance and reliable hot water.
The Direct Vent FVIR Defender Safety System® Models Feature:
- Bradford White ICON System®—Intelligent gas control with proven millivolt powered technology and built-in piezo igniter. A standard, off-the-shelf thermopile converts heat energy from the pilot flame into electrical energy to operate the gas valve and microprocessor. No need for external electricity.
Enhanced Performance—Proprietary algorithms provide enhanced First Hour Rating and tighter temperature differential.
Advanced Temperature Control System—Microprocessor controls burner operation for consistent and accurate water temperature levels up to 160°F (71°C).
Intelligent Diagnostics—Exclusive multicolor LED light indicates operation status/service required.
- Closed Combustion—All air for combustion is taken directly from the outside. The co-axial vent pipe (pipe inside a pipe) draws combustion air in through the outer pipe, and exhausts the products of combustion through the inner pipe. The co-axial vent pipe at the top of the unit can be rotated for venting flexibility.
- Reinforced Seals—Seals surround the closed combustion chamber and the FVIR inner door, preventing the ignition of flammable vapors outside of the water heater.
- Maintenance-Free—The vent piping and the closed combustion chamber with reinforced seals does not require regular cleaning under normal operating conditions.
- Sight Window—Offers a view into the combustion chamber to observe the operation of the pilot and burner.
- Factory-Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System—Sediment reducing device that also increases first hour rating of hot water while minimizing temperature build-up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining—An exclusively engineered enamel formula that provides superior tank protection from the highly corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel surface by firing at a temperature of over 1600°F (871°C).
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot—A cast molded air intake boot provides exceptional installation durability.
- Telescoping Solid Vent Kits—Multiple kits (see reverse side) allow up to 8ft. vertical and 8ft. horizontal vent lengths (horizontal termination only).
- Flexible Vent Kit—The maximum vent length (horizontal and vertical) can be flexed to 100″ (2540mm) (horizontal termination only).
- Side Connections—3/4″ (19mm) NPT tappings allow easy connections for space heating applications (Potable water only) (RG2DV50H6N only).
- Insulation System—2″ (51mm) Non-CFC foam insulation covers surrounds the tank surface, saving energy by reducing the amount of heat loss.
- Pedestal Base.
- Water Connections—3/4″ (19mm) NPT factory-installed true dielectric fittings.
- Factory-Installed Heat Traps.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod.
- T&P Relief Valve—Installed.
- Low Restrictive Brass Drain Valve—Durable tamper proof design.
- NOx Emissions—Less than 40 ng/J.