Kohler 12RES 12 kW Generator – Single Phase, LP|Natural Gas
Request a Price
Renowned for its reliability, Kohler’s 12RES generator is suitable for both standby and off-grid applications. The 12RES uses Kohler’s premier commercial grade CH-740 engine to produce 12kW of clean, stable power (10.4kW using natural gas) which homeowners should feel comfortable using with all appliances and other sophisticated electronics. Additional total surge capacity of 32kVa is available as needed.
Affordable, commercial-grade power for basic power needs. When a bad storm or utility failure knocks out your power, the Kohler 12RES 12 kW Generator keeps your lights on, fridge cold and sump pump working. This generator will power most appliances in smaller homes, or a few critical items in larger homes.
Inside this generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads year after year.
In just 10 seconds, your Kohler 12RES 12 kW Generator automatically restores power to your heat or AC as well as appliances and electronics.
- Premium warranty
We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection and a steel enclosure that’s built to last.
Fits both standby and off-grid applications for the ultimate versatility while saving the battery with hibernating controller capability
- Money Saver
No pricey concrete pad needed. Your contractor – and your wallet – will appreciate the built-in mounting pad and easy-to-connect terminal block.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides the power to start large loads without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity to start and run a typical 4 ton air conditioner while still running other home appliances and electronics
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- ADC-RES Advanced Digital Control designed for today’s sophisticated electronics
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including built-in base that eliminates need for concrete mounting pad and simple terminal block for easy field connections