Aprilaire 500 Whole House Humidifier – Small Bypass Humidifier
Request a Price
The Aprilaire Model 500 Humidifier is an economical, proven performer designed for small to mid sized homes. It comes equipped with a built in bypass damper.
The Aprilaire 500 Whole House Humidifier is a whole-home solution that helps you achieve total comfort through humidity control.
Aprilaire introduced the first evaporative humidifier for forced air furnace systems back in 1954. Since that time, Aprilaire continues to lead the industry in whole home humidification systems. Aprilaire humidifiers work by piping water into the distribution tray located at the top of the humidifier. The water is uniformly distributed across the width of the tray and through a scientifically designed system of outlets. It flows by gravity over the water panel evaporator. Dry, hot air from the HVAC system is moved through the moisture-laden water panel evaporator. Natural evaporation takes place, the water is turned to vapor, and the humidified air is circulated throughout your home.
Aprilaire 500 Humidifier Features:
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE This humidifier was designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire – the inventor of the whole home evaporative humidifier, and the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- FULL COVERAGE up to 3,000 square feet in tightly built homes with a capacity of 12 gallons per day
- AUTOMATIC HUMIDIFIER with dual sensors to monitor and respond to both outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity to deliver optimum humidity 24/7 throughout the home – simply set it and forget it
- CONVENIENT DIGITAL CONTROL shows percent humidity, lights indicate humidifier is running, when to change the water panel, when service is needed, and Blower Activation switch sets humidifier to run continually, or only when the furnace runs
- HUMIDITY FOR HEALTH Aprilaire Humidifiers can help you maintain optimal humidity in your home of 35% – 45% which has been shown to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma by minimizing the formation of bacteria and viruses, fungi, and dust mites. In addition, you’ll feel more comfortable while also preserving items in your home susceptible to damage from changing humidity or dry conditions
Using an Aprilaire 600 Whole House Humidifier is one of the most effective ways to add the proper amount of humidity to your indoor air and prevent the problems caused by dry air.