The whole-home Aprilaire 8100 Ventilation System (ERV) is among the most energy efficient methods of exchanging the air inside your home with fresh outdoor air. Today’s homes are being built tighter for energy efficiency. Unfortunately, this also makes it nearly impossible for your home to expel stale, indoor air and replace it with fresh, cleaner outdoor air. As a result, unpleasant odors and harmful pollutants become trapped in your home.
The Aprilaire Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) exchanges stale, polluted indoor air with fresh, clean outdoor air throughout your entire home without wasting energy. It is installed as part of your central heating and cooling system, or as an independent system, by a local HVAC professional.
Aprilaire 8100 Ventilation features:
- Provides a constant, controlled supply of fresh air to your home year-round.
- Features the exclusive EnergyMax® Transfer Core, which saves energy by effectively retaining and utilizing the energy value from your indoor air.
- Ventilates homes up to 4,500 square feet in size.
- Reduces excess indoor humidity levels for greater comfort at a lower cost.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Reduces viruses, bacteria, dust, carbon dioxide, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), radon and unhealthy indoor air pollutants such as formaldehyde, odors and more.
- Designed with very few components to deliver improved performance and reliability.
The heart of the ERV is the EnergyMax® Transfer Core, which uses enthalpic technology based on the second law of thermodynamics to enable the transfer of heat as well as moisture into and out of your home. This means:
- In the summer, the ERV uses the stale, conditioned indoor air you’re expelling to cool the incoming hot air
- In the winter, the ERV uses the stale, heated indoor air you’re expelling to preheat the incoming cold air
A whole-home ventilation system can help you:
- Protect your home – Excess humidity is a breeding ground for mold and mildew. It causes condensation build up on windows, destroying their finishes and structural integrity. A whole-home ventilation system works in conjunction with other indoor air quality solutions to minimize damage caused by moisture.
- Control health – The American College of Allergists states that 50% of illnesses are caused or aggravated by poor indoor air quality. That includes colds, flu, allergies and asthma. Whole-home ventilation puts dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, viruses, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other airborne pollutants where they belong— outside your home.
- Control comfort – A whole-home ventilation system can help you control the way your home feels—and the way it smells. It helps you exchange odors caused by pets, cooking and everyday activities with fresh, clean-smelling outdoor air.
- Save energy – With whole-home ventilation, air that’s too hot or too cold never enters the home, which keeps your air conditioner or furnace from operating unnecessarily.
Aprilaire 8100 Energy Recovery Ventilation System maintain temperature and energy efficiency, while exchanging the stale, contaminated air in your home with fresh, clean air.