Bradford White RE2 Residential AeroTherm® Series Heat Pump Water Heater
*Fully Installed from $
- NERGY STAR® Qualified
- The AeroTherm® Series Control Panel
- Operating Modes Offer Flexibility
- Quiet Operation
- Can Be Laid Down for Easier Transportation
- Easily Accessible Top Mounted Washable Air Filter
- Operating Air Temperature Range of 35-120°F for the Heat Pump
- Backup Electric Heating Elements
- Direct Heat Transfer with Immersed Elements
- 2″ Non-CFC Foam Insulation
- Water Connections – 3/4″ NPT
- Protective Magnesium Alloy Anode Rod
- T&P Relief Valve
- Low Restrictive Brass Drain Valve
- Design Certified to NSF/ANSI 372 (Lead Content)
- Northern Climate Tier 3 Capable
- Optional Ducting Kit
Electricity powers your home, and now it can heat your water more efficiently than ever before. Bradford White RE2 Water Heater builds advanced technology to deliver outstanding performance, efficiency and reliability.
Bradford White advanced technology AeroTherm® Series Heat Pump Water Heater has the high efficiency, energy savings and performance homeowners will really warm up to. With four easily selectable operation modes (Heat Pump, Hybrid, Electric, Vacation), the AeroTherm® Series gives you greater control over your water heater’s energy consumption.
Bradford White RE2 Residential AeroTherm® Series Heat Pump Water Heater Features:
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified—Meet or exceed requirements for ENERGY STAR® per the latest ENERGY STAR® criteria revision, as well as most utility rebate programs.
- The AeroTherm® Series Control Panel—Provides detailed diagnostic information including water heater fault codes, tank codes, need-to assess codes, and heat pump codes. Additional functions allow you to monitor the status of temperature sensing thermistors and heating components.
User-Friendly, Easy to Read Display.
LED’s Clearly Indicate the Current Operating Mode.
Display Communicates Current Status, Mode and Set Point, and Displays Error Messages When Applicable.
- Operating Modes Offer Flexibility.
Heat Pump (Only) Mode—Maximizes consumer savings. The most energyefficient mode as it only utilizes the heat pump.
Hybrid Mode—Saves while experiencing fast recovery. Hybrid mode is the factory setting combining heat pump efficiency and savings with recovery rates of standard electric when needed.
Electric (Only) Mode—Operates like a standard electric water heater, and eliminates the air flow and sound from the heat pump system when preferred (fastest recovery time, but least energy efficient).
Vacation Mode—Adjusts the temperature set point down to 50°F (10°C) for extended periods of time.
- Vitraglas® Lining—An exclusively engineered enamel formula that provides superior tank protection from the highly corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel surface by firing at a temperature of over 1600°F (871°C).
- Quiet Operation—Operating sound level of approximately 55 DBA.
- Can Be Laid Down for Easier Transportation—Easy-to-open, protective packaging.
- Easily Accessible Top Mounted Washable Air Filter—User is automatically alerted when the air filter needs to be cleaned.
Operating air temperature range of 35-120°F (2-49°C) for the Heat Pump—(Unit operates in Standard/Electric Mode outside of this range).
- Backup Electric Heating Elements.
- Direct Heat Transfer with Immersed Elements—Transfers heat directly and efficiently to the water. Screw-in style. Insulation System—2″ (51mm) Non-CFC foam insulation covers the sides and top of the tank, reducing heat loss. This results in less energy consumption, improved efficiencies, and jacket rigidity.
- Water Connections—3⁄4″ (19mm) NPT factory-installed true dielectric fittings extend water heater life and simplify water line connections.
- Factory-Installed Heat Traps—Design incorporates a flexible disk that reduces heat loss in piping and eliminates the potential for noise generation.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod—Provides added protection against corrosion for long-term, trouble-free service.
- T&P Relief Valve—Installed.
- Low Restrictive Brass Drain Valve—Durable tamper proof design.
- Northern Climate Tier 3 Capable.
- Optional Ducting Kit—Maximum duct length of 100 feet (30m) combined between inlet and exhaust.
It’s designed for indoor installation virtually anywhere – basement, garage, utility room, attic – even a closet. Energy Star® certified, the environmentally-friendly AeroTherm® can save the average homeowner up to $300 annually in energy costs and qualifies for many state and local utility rebate programs and even tax credits.