The GSX16 Goodman 16 SEER Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The GSX16 Goodman 4 Ton AC Unit features a high-efficiency Copeland scroll compressor and is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioning performance.
In order to achieve the 16 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV). A 16 SEER system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% – 8% more than a 15 SEER system.
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- High-efficiency Copeland Ultratech scroll compressor
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- Fully charged for 15 feet of tubing length
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
- Unique Goodman brand louvered sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2010 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
This product meets ENERGY STAR requirements when appropriate coil components are used. ENERGY STAR® is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency voluntary program to provide guidance to homeowners and businesses on the energy efficiency of the products homeowners and business purchase.
For Heating & Cooling equipment, the Environmental Protection Agency created the voluntary ENERGY STAR® program in 1992 to promote awareness of energy-efficient products. The Goodman brand has worked with the ENERGY STAR® program to denote a number of high-efficiency systems with regards to furnaces, central air conditioners and air-sourced heat pumps.
This unit is backed by a 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty. For a full description of all warranties applicable to this product, please review the consumer brochure or product warranty by clicking on the links.
If you plan on installing a new air conditioning system, or want to expand your existing system, we’ll be happy to schedule a no-cost in home evaluation with one of our trained comfort advisors. We know you want reliability and good value. That’s why we work with the top name brands in the industry. Let us design an efficient, cost-effective system for you. It’s what we do.